My name is Nicole and I'm 19. Basically, this is where I go to relieve all my fannish obsessions. I don't bite much and would love to get to know you. So drop me a line and enjoy this madness that I pass off as a coherent blog! Or whatever.
sons &daughters-the decemberists | cry-slaid cleaves | farther along-josh garrels | angel-jack johnson | strawberry swing-coldplay | old pine-ben howard | island in the sun-weezer | solid and strong-kimya dawson | like a star-corinne bailey rae | someday-sugar ray | simple twist of fate-bob dylan | one more night in brooklyn-justin townes earle | love that conquers-the swell season | 40 day dream-edward sharpe and the magnetic zeros | dark road-annie lennox | in my place-coldplay | after the bombs-the decemberists
aka dear season 9, please let team free will be happy. like cas and dean snuggling on memory foam, dean developing the habit of sleeping in because cas turns out not to be a morning person and he’s a terror to wake up in the morning.
sam and cas trying to cook for dean when he gets sick, because it’s what he always does for them, but they have to call for help before they set the kitchen on fire. they stick to simple things like sandwiches; cas makes a mean blt.
cas officiating at sam’s wedding and reciting long, rambling bible passages from memory while dean stands in the best man spot trying to pretend he’s not two seconds away from crying.
sam and dean bringing a cooler of beer outside the bunker and watching the stars from the hood of the impala, never forgetting the car that made them never, in fact, homeless. the three of them growing old, together, like they always wanted, but letting others in and building their own strange kind of family.
that’s what happiness for team free will would look like.
01. i will follow you into the dark by Death Cab For Cutie — “if there’s no one beside you when your soul embarks, then i’ll follow you into the dark.”
02. angry angel by Imogen Heap — “he loves to rebel to go against his ten commandments, for him, thats just being free.”
03. the wolves by Ben Howard — “falling from high places, falling through lost spaces, now that we’re lonely, now that there’s nowhere to go.”
04. save yourself, i’ll hold them back by My Chemical Romance — “i’m the only friend that makes you cry, you’re a heart attack in black hair dye, so just save yourself and I’ll hold them back tonight.”
05. freedom fighters by Two Steps From Hell — instrumental
06. in the dark places by PJ Harvey — “so our young men hid with guns, in the dirt, and in the dark places.”
07. bite hard by Franz Ferdinand — “you should be happier now, with no one to pray to, or would you love to break your knees from begging and praying?”
08. eyes wide open by Gotye — “everything we had, everything we did, is buried in dust, and this dust is all that’s left of us. but only a few ever worried.”
09. world collapsing by Danny Cocke — instrumental
10. the soldiering life by The Decemberists — “but you, my brother in arms, i’d rather i’d lose my limbs than let you come to harm.”
this is a revamp of a fanmix i did almost 2 yrs ago (during the winter hiatus of season 6 - it was a sort of season 6 fanmix in itself)
new cover, a few different songs, hopefully put together better so it can be more easily accessible!
gave you rome (gave it back) | a dean/castiel mix [.zip]
01. amy millan - blue in yr eye 02. the black keys - so he won’t break 03. eisley - a sight to behold 04. empires - damn things over 05. tegan and sara - the cure 06. the killers - who let you go 07. garbage - metal heart 09. jjamz - you were my home 09. iamx - my secret friend (ft. imogen heap) 10. michael runion - the daylight 11. the national - thirsty 12. the hush sound - that’s okay 13. emily haines - expecting to fly 14. regina spektor - somedays 15. tilly and the wall - the freest man 16. giant drag - swan song
a much more vicious motivator / a quiet man fanmix
The incomparable Ivy Blossom has finally finished The Quiet Man!
Her amazing writing has been helping boost me out of a year long muse-less wallow in melancholy, inspiring me to pick up my pencils and open up my photoshop again. If you haven’t read it yet- Go! Bask in it, and shower her with praise!
falling a thousand feet per second|a destiel fanmix
diary of jane|breaking benjamin crashed|daughtry heaven sent|hinder rescue me|buckcherry perfect|hedley have faith in me|a day to remember hanging by a moment|lifehouse savior|rise against whataya want from me|adam lambert remember everything|five finger death punch
I think you can do much better than me After all the lies that I made you believe
Ricochet! - Shiny Toy Guns
Like a bullet meant to be shot You’re the target Dead on the spot When I focus I never miss It starts with a kiss
Forget My Name - Danko Jones
I always get too shy each time she give me the eye I got it bad but it’s getting worse, I can’t deny
You Were a Kindness - The National
I’ll do what I can to be a confident wreck Can’t feel this way forever I mean There wasn’t anyway for anyone to settle in You made a slow disaster out of me
After The Storm - Mumford & Sons
And there will come a time, you’ll see, with no more tears. And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears. Get over your hill and see what you find there, With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.
i’m crying out, i’m breaking down i am fearing it all, stuck inside these walls tell me there is hope for me is anybody out there listening?
kelly clarkson | dark side
will you stay even if it hurts even if i try to push you out will you return? and remind me who i really am please remind me who i really am
florence + the machine | howl
if you could only see the beast you’ve made of me i held it in but now it seems you’ve set it running free screaming in the dark, i howl when we’re apart drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart
three days grace | animal i have become
i can’t escape myself so many times i’ve lied but there’s still rage inside somebody get me through this nightmare i can’t control myself
goo goo dolls | iris
i don’t want the world to see me ‘cause i don’t think that they’d understand when everything’s meant to be broken i just want you to know who i am
florence + the machine | shake it out
every demon wants his pound of flesh but i like to keep some things to myself i like to keep my issues strong it’s always darkest before the dawn
black lab | this night
there are things that i’ve done there’s a place i have gone there’s a beast and i let it run now it’s running my way
staind | outside
all this time that i felt like this won’t end was for you and i taste what i could never have it’s from you all those times that i tried, my intention full of pride and i waste more time than anyone
miike snow | animal
in your eyes i see the eyes of somebody i knew before, long ago but i’m still trying to make my mind up am i free or am i tied up?
mumford & sons | home
i ran away in floods of shame i’ll never tell how close i came as i cross the holland road you went left and i went right as the moon hung proud and bright you would have loved it here tonight
i. Televators - The Mars Volta ii. Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes iii. Love Is War - Hatsune Miku (Cover by Fye) iv. Soul Wars - Awolnation v. Split me Wide Open - The Bravery vi. The Prayer - Bloc Party vii. Undisclosed Desires - Muse viii. Lover Dearest - Marianas Trench ix. Crown Of Love - Arcade Fire x. Brothers On A Hotel Bed - Death Cab for Cutie xi. The Last Day On Earth - Kate Miller-Heidke xii. Poison & Wine - The Civil Wars